Reference 21 (M22)
- 62cm High
- 92cm Wide
- 118cm Thick
- This stone was erected by ALEXANDER SANDS in memory of his father THOMAS
SANDS shipowner who departed this life in the year 1758 aged 27 years. Also in
memory of his affectionate sister HELEN SANDS the loving wife of CHARLES BROWN
senior, Shipowner, who died in July 1802 aged 43 years.
- 'A tender mother and faithful wife'
- 'In friendship's cares, who passed through life.'
- 'In death by grace and mercy given'
- 'She left the earth and rose to heaven'.
- Also under this stone is interred JANET HIGGEN the much beloved and deeply
regretted wife of CHARLES BROWN Junior, Shipowner, who died on the 26th October
1851 age 43 years.
- JANE BROWN died 1st December 1873 aged 82 years
- CHARLES BROWN born 14th April 1835 died on 9th August 1903
|East Leg Emblems:-
- Skull; Crossed Bones and Hourglass on its side;
|West Leg Emblems:-
- Single masted ship; 2 Foresails on bowsprit; Main sail with Boom and Gaff;
Flag at mast head blowing with the wind;
- Notes:- None
Back To The
Kincardine Local History Group Homepage